Juice from 2 large POM Wonderful Pomegranates, or ½ cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
4 T. honey
4 T. olive oil
2 T. red wine vinegar
2 T. chopped mint
2 T. plain yogurt
1. Combine ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until incorporated.
2. Set aside or refrigerate for up to two days before serving.
½ cup arils from 1 large pomegranate
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1 T. fresh mint sliced
2 cups mixed greens
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Score 1 fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve ½ cup of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)
2. Core, peel and slice pears. Toss in a bowl with lemon juice.
3. Peel and section orange into 4 to 8 chunks.
4. Divide greens onto 4 plates and divide and arrange pears, pineapple and oranges on top of greens.
5. Add sliced fresh mint with 1 to 2 tablespoons dressing to each serving.
6. Sprinkle arils onto each salad and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size – 1/2 Cup
Presented by Katy Kennedy, UT Medical Center