The Hendersonville father charged in the shooting death of his 11-year-old daughter was indicted by the Sumner County Grand Jury Thursday.

Timothy Batts, 29, was indicted on all of his four charges including reckless homicide, false reporting, tampering with evidence and possessing a firearm as a convicted felon, show court records released on Oct. 6.

Batts is scheduled to be officially presented with his charges during his arraignment at the Sumner County Criminal Court on Oct. 21.

Batts’ charges stem from Aug. 8 when his oldest daughter, Timea, was fatally shot after she came home from her first day at school.

After the shooting, Batts spent four days in the Sumner County Jail until he bailed out on Aug. 12, the day Hunter cut his $1 million bond to $500,000.

Batts was sent back to jail on Sept. 14 after Judge James Hunter revoked his bond for testing positive for cocaine on his first drug screening.

“I’m just concerned about the drug use,” Hunter said during a Sept. 14 bond hearing. “Cocaine is a bad drug. It’s a very addictive drug. The reason we put the bond condition of taking a drug test on Mr. Batts was because he was convicted of sale of cocaine.”

Batts has four past arrests and two convictions for drug possession, including selling cocaine, from 2005 through 2006 with Metro police, criminal court records show.

Batts’ attorney John Pellegrin, pushed the preliminary hearing by three weeks for extra time to have a third test done. He asked to have the urine sample retested a third time at a Nashville lab. Aegis Sciences Corp. officials, however, said they work only with certain labs. Aegis officials had confirmed the sample tested positive for cocaine for the second after the Aug. 15 screening at the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office.

“The court order was not complied with,” Pellegrin said. “And the results had to be sent back to them. We did not feel that was an independent test."

The focus in this case, however, is not whether Batts is free or in jail, Sumner County District Attorney Ray Whitley said.

“The focus is on this sweet, little, innocent 11-year-old girl who was gunned down in her own house,” Whitley said.

Detectives with the Hendersonville Police Department said Timea suffered a gunshot wound to the torso and Batts drove her to Hendersonville Medical Center. From there she was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center and died of her injuries within two hours, investigators said.

This story originally appeared on The Tennessean’s website.