Three East Tennessee law enforcement agencies arrested 16 people in an undercover prostitution sting in November.
An investigation revealed the group traveled from Texas to New York before stopping in Knoxville on their way back to Texas. The group posted advertisements on backpage.com along the way to promote prostitution, according to the Knox County Sheriff’s Office.
The Department of Children’s Services took two children, ages 1 and 3, into temporary custody after detectives arrested their mother for prostitution, according to the KCSO. Detectives found the children returning to a hotel in a vehicle with two men who aren’t related.
Carlton Jamal Harvison, 25, of Texas is charged with human trafficking, simple possession, driving on a suspended license and two counts of violation of the child restraint law.
Charles Williams, 28, of Texas is charged with human trafficking.
The following people also face charges after the undercover prostitution sting:
Editor’s Note: Name, age, charge(s)
· Viktoria D. Frias, 20: prostitution
· Vanessa R. Burger, 27: prostitution
· Danielle N. Bradley, 28: promoting prostitution
· Courtney E. Ireland, 36: prostitution, violation of probation and a hold for Loudon County
· Angela J. Myers, 40: prostitution
· April D. Stephens, 39: prostitution
· Stefanie M. Harper, 28: prostitution
· April L. Rudder, 35: prostitution
· Kirk J. Fredrickson, 25: patronizing prostitution
· Shannon K. Whitsell, 33: prostitution
· Rhonda A. Milsap, 41: prostitution
· Stephanie D. Tate, 37: driving on a suspended license
Law enforcement agencies also conducted an investigation of unlicensed personnel working in massage parlors.
Authorities arrested Kai Yan Wu, 44, and Hai Yan Liu, 43, are each charged with impersonating a licensed professional after performing massages without a state license.
Detectives arrested Wu and Liu at Five Stars Massage Parlor at 6625 Maynardville Pike.
The KCSO’s Vice Unit, Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted the undercover prostitution sting.