An Eaton Elementary student described his teacher as "awesome" after she saved his life mid-math test.
Colby is in first grade. He was taking his test when he started choking on a piece of hard candy. His teacher, Ms. Melinda Moroz, stepped in and put her first aid training to the test.
Three rounds of the Heimlich and Colby was back to work.
After the incident, the Loudon County Mayor presented Ms. Moroz with a lifesaving award.
Moroz said she knew what to do all because of the training the school offered through Priority Ambulance.