(WBIR-Townsend) It's been more than 24 hours since fire destroyed the Dancing Bear Lodge, and it's still smoldering.

"We have a structure that size, we don't have a lot of fires, a few that are that size," said Townsend fire chief Don Stallions.

What's left of the building has been ruled a "total loss," according to the lodge's owners.

Firefighters said it was not just the dry logs and timber surrounding the rural area that was trouble for the Townsend and Blount County fire departments.

"One of the problems of fighting the fire, with the current weather pattern we had, the smoke was not going up. It was going down on us and on our command," Chief Stallions added.

One firefighter was hurt last night. Chief Stallions said the man suffered from smoke inhalation, and was released from the hospital a few hours later.

Early estimates show the blaze started somewhere in the chimney area.

"We don't know for sure if that's the cause yet, but that's the cause of a lot of these cabin fires. Just make sure you get a chimney sweep, clean your chimney," the chief said.