ID=7689529Fire officials continue to dig through what's left of a Sevierville cabin, searching for the remains of 5-year-old boy after a fire burned the three-story building to the ground.

His step-grandfather, Ricky Hudson, 56, was severely hurt while trying to rescue his family from the house, but his young step-grandson, Tyveon Temple, never made it out alive, according to Jay Breeden, Sevier County Fire Marshal. Hudson also passed away from his injures; he was pronounced dead at LeConte Medical Center on Saturday.

"He suffered some injuries, some trauma that he could not overcome," said Breeden. "During the rescue that (Hudson) was doing to save his family, he did receive some major lacerations due to busting out some glass."

The fire broke out at about 4:30 a.m. in the home inside the Cabins at the Crossing development. As of Monday morning officials didn't know what started the fire.

Breeden said a couple family members were sleeping the same bed as the child when the fire occurred. They said they remember talking with the child as they were escaping the cabin, but when they got out, the boy was nowhere to be found.

Hudson and Temple were part of a group of more than 20 family friends visiting East Tennessee and staying in the cabin. Officials said some of the people were from Indianapolis and Louisville, Ky.

Hours after Saturday's fire, Hudson's pastor, Christopher Armstrong, drove a bus from Indianapolis to Sevier County to bring the group back home.

"The ride back was very silent, somber, but soothing, and the conversation piece was the tenacity, the care that Ricky had for everyone involved," said Armstrong.

Breeden said a doctor examined everyone who was inside the cabin, and five members of the group were treated at LeConte Medical Center.

Hudson's body is at the University of Tennessee Forensics Center where officials are expected to perform an autopsy Monday.

*Editor's note: Sevier County officials said the 5-year-old's name was spelled Tayveon, but the deceased boy's mother told our Fox-affiliate in Indianapolis the name is Tyveon.

ID=7652525Original story Saturday:
(WBIR-Sevierville) One man is dead and a young child has been reported missing after an early morning fire destroyed a three-story cabin in Sevierville.

Around 4:30 a.m. Saturday, flames sparked in the Cabins at the Crossing development.

Jenny Urse lives in the cabin next to the one that caught fire. She said, "Our bedroom is right by where they were and when I came out they were screaming, 'Help us, help us,' and then I saw the fire and I ran and called 911." Urse continued, "I ran over and was telling them, 'You've got to jump out because you can't get out of the front'. The front was all fire so they started dropping the kids down."

According to Jay Breeden, Sevier County's Fire Marshal, a group of 24 people from Indiana were staying in the cabin, including children as young as 4-years-old.

Urse said, "They had just come in yesterday around 4:00 p.m. They were so excited. They were taking pictures and jumping in the pool. Cute family."

When fire crews arrived on the scene, the cabin was already 75% involved and occupants were both inside and outside the building.

Several people were transported to LeConte Medical Center for various injuries, including many with minor abrasions and some with broken bones.

One adult male was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Breeden said, "It does appear at this point that he did pass away after the fire."

Breeden said the group has reported a small child missing. As of 6:30 p.m. Saturday, officials said the child was still not accounted for.

Local and state officials are investigating the fire.

The Red Cross said the group plans to go back to Indiana Saturday night.