A man is recovering after a stranger pulled him out of his burning home on Friday morning.

Kaylene Lane said she was driving by the home around 1:30 a.m. Friday when she saw smoke pouring outside of a house on the 1200 block of Smith School Road in Kodak.

She and another person ran inside to help, and helped carry the homeowner outside.

“Someone was in the house. We both went into the house and we woke the guy up, and got him out of the house,” Lane said. “It had already caught the side of the house on fire.

“So, we went through the front door, woke the guy up. Well, he was already staggering trying to get his stuff, and we got him out of the house.”

Police said the fire started in the garage. It spread to the deck and the upper corner of the house.

The house suffered minor damage, mainly to its exterior.

No word as of 5:30 a.m. Friday on the cause of the fire.