It's expected to be a busy weekend in downtown Knoxville with the Rhythm N Blooms festival in and around the historic Old City plus several other big weekend events.
Drivers should be aware of street closures to accommodate the weekend events.
- Jackson Avenue is closed between Morgan and Humes streets, starting at 10 a.m. today (Friday, April 7). The street will reopen at 11 p.m. Sunday, April 9.
RELATED: Rhythm N Blooms schedule
- Patton Street is closed between Jackson Avenue and Willow Street from 10 a.m. today (Friday, April 7) until 11 p.m. Sunday, April 9.
- Three temporary no-parking zones are in place, and will remain in place throughout the weekend. The locations are: the south Old City parking lot (between Jackson, Willow and Patton); the north Old City parking lot (at Morgan Street and Jackson); and a section of Jackson Avenue between Morgan and Humes.
Color Me Rad 5K - Saturday, April 8
- Anticipate rolling street closures along the 5K route, starting at 9 a.m. Saturday: Howard Baker Jr. Avenue, left onto Hill Avenue, left onto Harriet Tubman Street, left onto McCalla Avenue; left onto Willow Avenue; left onto Central Street; right onto Cumberland Avenue; left onto State Street; left onto Hill; left onto Hall of Fame Drive; right onto Howard Baker.
Youth Metro Drug Coalition 5K – Saturday, April 8
- Race starts at 10 a.m. Saturday. There will be rolling closures on Cherokee Boulevard in Sequoyah Hills between Iskagna and Scenic drives.
First Baptist Church’s Easter Egg Hunt – Sunday, April 9
- Walnut Street downtown will be closed between Hill Avenue and Main Street, 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Sunday. Main Street will be closed between Locust and Walnut streets, 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Sunday.