Grilled Achiote Pork Loin
Achiote Marinade Ingredients
• 2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• ¼ Cup Blended Oil
• 1/4 cup achiote paste
• 2 to 3 jalapeno chiles stemmed and seeded if desired
• 7 garlic cloves, peeled
• 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1 bunch cilantro, stems and leaves
• 1`Tbl Fresh Oregano
Method: Combine 1/3 cup of the orange juice, oil, the achiote paste, jalapenos, garlic, peppercorns and salt in a blender or food processor. Puree until the peppercorns are completely crushed. Add the cilantro and oregano and the remaining 1/3 cup orange juice and puree until smooth.
GREEN APPLE BBQ SAUCE
• 1/2 CUP KETCHUP
• 1/4 GREEN APPLE JUICE CONCENTRATE
• 2 1/2 TABLESPOONS PURE MAPLE SYRUP
• 3 TABLESPOONS WORCESTERSHIRE
• 1/2 TEASPOON GARLIC POWDER
• 1/4 TEASPOON GROUND BLACK PEPPER
• 2 TABLESPOONS FLOUR
1. ADD ALL OF THE INGREDIENTS TO A SMALL POT AND WHISK REALLY WELL UNTIL SMOOTH.
2. HEAT, LET IT SIMMER FOR 10-20 MINUTES. STIR THROUGHOUGHT, COOL, LABEL, DATE & REFRIGERATE.
Taos Southwestern Succotash
2 Tbl. Ancho Chili powder (may sub another quality Chili powder)
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
4 Tbl. European whole butter
1 Tbl. Benton's bacon grease
1 Tbl. fresh chopped garlic
2 Tbl. fresh chopped shallots
1/2 cup diced Vidalia onion
1 Tbl Adobo sauce (Sauce used to pack chipotle in the chipotle can)
2 cups fresh roasted corn (cut from the cob)
(use the back of the knife to scrape the cob for the milk into a bowl.
1 Cup small diced fresh roasted red pepper One cup blanched Edamame
1 Cup rough chop cilantro
1/2 Cup bias cut scallions
juice of one lime
1. Slightly toast the chili powder and Cumin on medium high heat in a dry pan, be sure to toss frequently until the spices start to smoke. (don't burn)
2. Melt butter and bacon grease same pan then sweat garlic, shallots and onion for several minutes (3-4) on medium heat.
3. Add diced red pepper, Adobo sauce, corn and corn milk.
4. Cook on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes then add edamame.
5. Add salt pepper (approx. 1 Tbl salt and 2 teas pepper).
Cook another 10 minutes on medium stirring frequently.
6. Pull off heat, fold in cilantro and lime juice.
7. Garnish with scallions and serve warm.