The internship program at WBIR-TV is designed to allow a student to augment their classroom experience through participation in various business and news activities and projects. Internships are available in the following areas – News, Production, Sales, Marketing, and Web. Students will learn about the television industry from the business and technical sides in all areas.
Application deadlines: Fall Semester: July 1st
Spring Semester: November 1st
Summer Semester: May 1st
WBIR-TV Student Internship Requirements
• Students must be sponsored by and receive credit from an accredited college and be at least junior or senior level. (Special arrangements can be made for a student in a lower level if meeting other criteria and department approval.)
• Students must have prior written approval from a school professor or counselor who will serve as administrator of this individual’s internship program.
• Internship positions are non-paid, and for scholastic credit only. The work hours are 10-16 hours per week depending on the department and student.
• Internships last a minimum of three months.
• Students should be pursuing communications, journalism/speech, business degrees or other related coursework for the department of internship.
Other criteria for NEWS internships:
• Must be in the top 20% of your class in course related work in your major.
• Must be familiar with current news events.
• Prefer to be able to work two eight hour shifts per week and be available to work on special projects as needed.
WBIR-TV will provide extensive supervision and one-on-one training for the student. Most importantly, students do not serve as a replacement or substitute for a full or part-time employee. This internship program is solely a learning experience.
We ask all candidates please submit a copy of your resume with the completed application form (Click here). Please send all applications to:
WBIR-TV Internship Program
1513 Hutchinson Ave.
Knoxville, TN 37917
Or submit electronically to: email@example.com