Get ready for Boomsday!
The country's largest Labor Day weekend fireworks show will light up the sky over downtown Knoxville Saturday night, August 30.
Previous: Boomsday is free again
This is the 27th year for the annual event, where the fun starts long before the fireworks!
The fireworks are synchronized to music, which you can hear on Star 102.1.
3:00 Entertainment starts on Volunteer landing. Includes food, live music, and children's activities
8:00-10:00 Boomsday special airs live on WBIR-TV
10:00 The Rodney Atkins Boomsday After Party will begin at Thompson Boling Arena. Admission is $20.Children ages 4 and under admitted free with adult.
- The City County Building garage will open at 11 a.m. Saturday, August 30th. The L-3 open air deck will be reserved for an ADA Accessible Viewing Area that will include parking and viewing (with appropriate vehicle permit).
- Special event parking will be available at the Dwight Kessel Garage, Locust Street Garage and City County Garage for $5.
- Complimentary parking will be available at the Market Square Garage & State Street Garage.
- All UT Parking lots and garages will be open for general public parking for a fee of $10. Look for special event signs.
- Accessible parking for persons with disabilities on the west end entrance into the event will be available on the University of Tennessee Campus, with proper placard or license plate on vehicle, at S-23 (west corner of Lake Loudoun and Neyland Drive).
- The Knoxville Civic Coliseum garages will be open for parking for a fee of $5 per vehicle.
- Overnight parking for RV's will be available at Garage C next to the Knoxville Civic Coliseum. Parking is available on a first come, first serve basis as there is not a pre-arrival reservation system. Fees are $50 per night for a space with full hook-ups and $25 per night for a space with no hook-ups.
- Due to the Neyland Drive road closure, parking areas with Neyland Drive access only will not be open for parking.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 29TH
- 7:00 pm– Westbound & Eastbound Neyland at Lake Loudon to Walnut
SATURDAY, AUGUST 30TH
- 3:00 pm - Exit James White Parkway to Cumberland
- 3:00 pm - Central at Main
- 4:00 pm - Locust at Front (prevents traffic entering Neyland)
- 4:00 pm - Ramp from Hall Of Fame Drive to Neyland Drive
- 8:30 pm - Gay St Bridge closes to pedestrians
- 8:30 pm - Poplar at Main
- 8:30 pm – Henley at West Hill
- 8:45 pm - Gay St Bridge closes to vehicles
- City Side Drive and Rocky Shore Drive at City View will be closed for the event. No public viewing access will be available at the City View shore or docks.
- The sidewalks on Neyland should be treated the same as the Neyland Drive closing.
- There will be no access to Summit Hill from State Street @ Hill Ave.
- The pedestrian bridge from the City County Building to Volunteer Landing will close at 7 p.m. Saturday, August 30th.
What to bring:
- Lawn Chairs
- Portable Radios (if desired)
What not to bring:
- Motorized vehicles or scooters (unless necessary for persons with disabilities)
- No backpacks - all other bags are subject to random searches
- No picnic supplies, coolers or refillable containers
- No cans or bottles
- No outside food/beverage
- No pets
- No skateboards, bicycles, skates, skate shoes
- No tents, canopies or umbrellas
- No firearms, laser pointing devices or weapons of any kind
- No alcoholic beverages
- No soliciting
For more information go to the Boomsday website: http://boomsday.org/#/home