Intern At WBIR
The internship program at WBIR-TV is designed to allow a student to augment their classroom experience through participation in various business and news activities and projects. Internships are available in the following areas – News, Sports, Weather, Production, Sales, Marketing, and Web. Students will learn about the television industry from the business and technical sides in all areas.
Fall Semester: July 15th
Spring Semester: November 15th
Summer Semester: May 15th
Student Internship Requirements
- Students must be sponsored by and receive credit from an accredited college and be at least junior or senior level. (Special arrangements can be made for a student in a lower level if meeting other criteria and department approval.)
- Students must have prior written approval from a school professor or counselor who will serve as administrator of this individual's internship program.
- Internship positions are non-paid, and for scholastic credit only. The work hours are 10-40 hours per week depending on the school requirements, department and student.
- Internships last a minimum of three months.
- Students should be pursuing communications, journalism/speech, business degrees or other related coursework for the department of internship.
Other Criteria for News Internships
- Must be in the top 20% of your class in course related work in your major.
- Must be familiar with current news events.
- Prefer to be able to work two eight hour shifts per week and be available to work on special projects as needed.
WBIR-TV will provide one-on-one training for the student. Most importantly, students do not serve as a replacement or substitute for a full or part-time employee. This internship program is solely a learning experience.
All candidates should submit a copy of your resume with the completed application form (Click here)
Please send all applications to:
WBIR-TV Internship Program
1513 Bill Williams Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37917
Or submit electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org