- 1 can Chick Peas (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp cumin-cilantro powder
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. minced thai chili (or to taste)
- ¾ tbsp. Garam Masala (found in the spice/seasoning aisle)
- ¾ tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup ground cashew powder
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Water to thin sauce
- Rinse and drain canned chick peas.
- Mash 1/3 cup chick peas and set aside.
- Add oiland toast cumin and mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds pop add diced onion.
- Cook until brown.
- Add tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all spices.
- Cookfor 3 minutes, then add chick peas and mashed chick peas.
- Add water to thinsauce to your preferred consistency.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes on low heat.
- Add lemon juice, cashew powder and heavy cream and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve with deep fried tortillas.
Presented by Hemal Tailor