This recipe uses white beans instead of flour as a thickener which increases the fiber. It can be gluten free as long as gluten free stock is used. It is also low in sodium and fat.
- 2 tbsp Celery, Fresh, Chopped
- 1-1/2 tbsp Onions, Yellow, Fresh, Diced, 1/4"
- 2 tbsp Carrots, Fresh, Diced, 1/4"
- 1/4 tsp Garlic, Chopped in Water
- 3/4 tsp Oil, Olive/Canola Oil 25/75 Blend
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 3 cups no salt added canned diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups fully cooked white beans (no salt added and rinsed well if canned)
- 3/4 tsp Basil, Fresh, Chopped
- 3 tsp Tomato Puree
In a large pot heat olive oil over medium-high heat and gently saute garlic. Add onions, celery and carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent. Be careful not to get any color on the vegetables. Add stock and tomatoes and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the canned beans and tomato puree and puree with burr mixer or blender until smooth. Slowly add the water and basil and puree another minute. Return to heat and bring to a short boil. Ladle 6 ounce of soup into bowl and serve