- 2 peaches, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 4 ounces non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 ounces toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Sear peaches on medium-high heat directly on a grill or on stove top in non-stick saute pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle on top of the peaches.
- Transfer peaches to a baking sheet and place in oven to prevent burning.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until soft on the outside.
- Place each peach on a plate, and top with yogurt.
- Garnish with walnuts and basil.
Serving size: 1/4 recipe
Yields: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per serving): 144 calories, 9g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 2mg sodium, 14g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, Gluten-Free
Healthy living tip: This recipe is a great component of the Mediterranean diet because of the simple use of fruit and a little sugar or fat. Nutritionally peaches are great sources of vitamin C and E as well as folate and niacin.