In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day and the month of March, we would like to share with your viewers how to prepare the perfect Guinness Burger.
- Use fresh never frozen Ground Angus Chuck 80/20 (tip... make a small indention in the middle of the burger with your thumb to keep the burger from shrinking up and "bowing" while grilling)
- Hand Patty into an 8oz Burger
- Sprinkle with Seasoned Salt and Pepper
- Grill to desired temperature (at least 160 degrees to avoid food born illness)
- Top the cooked Burger with 2oz of Guinness Glaze then melt one slice of Cheddar Cheese.
- Add Mayo to both Buns, add your favorite toppings (at the Restaurant we top out burgers with lettuce, tomato, red onion and pickles) and be sure to put some extra Guinness Glaze on the side for dipping.
- 1 cup of Guinness
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- Combine all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce has reduced to about half.
- (Sauce will thicken as it cools down to room temperature)
- Keep Sauce at room temperature, while preparing burgers, then refrigerate leftovers (if you have any!)