- 4 cups old fashion oats
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup each, chopped almonds, pecans, and English walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/4-1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, combine oats through walnuts.
- In a medium size saucepan, whisk together sugar, syrup, and honey.
- Add butter; cook until butter melts and mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour over the dry mixture and mix well.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until mixture is golden.
- Stir about every 5 minutes.
- Cool completely then add raisins and craisins.
- Serve with milk as cereal, over yogurt, garnish a smoothie, sprinkle on a peanut butter sandwich or over ice cream under chocolate sauce.
- Cover leftovers tightly and refrigerate or freeze.
Cook' s note: All of the dry ingredients and amounts are optional. You can substitute oil for the butter and omit the cinnamon
Presented by: Miss Olivia's Table