Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 0 min
Serves: 6 - 8
Prep notes: Pre-chopping all your veggies will make super lite work of all this.
- 2 - 4 large organic tomato
- 2 large organic cucumber from your garden
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced organic red/purple onion
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped mint
- 1/4 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of raw local honey (to taste)
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Finely chop all veggies and add into a large mixing bowl.
- Add balsamic vinegar, olive oil and honey to the bowl and toss until well incorporated. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix again. Add more seasonings to taste.
Note: You may need to add a dash of water to the mix to help it along. I also recommend serving with Kalamata olives or goats cheese. To make this more of a dish, cook up some short grain white rice, strain, cool and toss with the veggie mix! Yummy!
Presented by: Bri Lamberson
Date: June 23, 2014