The victim in a fatal fire at the Ski Mountain Motel in Sevier County has been identified.
The victim has been identified as 62-year-old Mark Madison Nelson.
Officials have determined the apparent cause of the blaze was a lit cigarette which set the bed on fire.
Firefighters investigating a fire at a Sevier County motel say they found a body after they put out the fire.
According to Jim Davis, the spokesperson for the city of Gatlinburg, the fire broke out shortly after 4:30 Saturday afternoon. Davis says it started as a small unit fire.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, they contained the fire to a bed and put it out. Davis says investigators found a body on the bed.
Firefighters called in the Sevier County arson investigator to check out the scene. Firefighters say they are unsure whether this was an accident or a homicide.
Officials are not releasing the name of the victim.