LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- An eastern Kentucky woman who received burns from a fire likely started by a cigarette has died in a Tennessee hospital.
The Lexington Herald-Leader reported Rockcastle County resident Barbara Sue Robinson died Sunday at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn.
Lexington Police said last week that Robinson had been sitting in a pickup truck outside a home being built in Lexington and was thought to have fallen asleep while smoking. Construction workers saw the flames and rescued her.
Lexington Fire Department Battalion Chief Ed Davis said Robinson had significant burns on one side of her body. She was taken to University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital and then transferred to the burn unit at Vanderbilt.