LIVE VIDEO: Live at Five at Four    Watch
 

Update: West Knox condo fire started in chimney

5:32 PM, Nov 28, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Investigators say Monday's fire at a West Knoxville condominium began in a wood-built, stucco-clad chimney.

They're still trying to determine a cause.

Previous fire

Several people are out of their homes after a fire in West Knoxville. It started before 9 o'clock on Monday at a group of condos on Touraine Place near Westland Drive and Northshore.

The fire happened at a condo that had four units under one roof. Fire crews arrived to find one unit engulfed in flames. A KFD spokesman says during the process of putting it out, a chimney fell onto a second unit, starting a fire there.

According to KFD, one of the units in the building was vacant, and residents of the other three units have all been displaced. In all, four people will have to spend the night somewhere else.

No one was hurt.

Most Watched Videos