65 students poisoned by carbon monoxide in West TN

11:39 PM, Feb 8, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Sixty-five West Tennessee students became nauseous after they were exposed to carbon monoxide.

The poisonous gas accidentally got into Jo Byrns High School in Robertson County, making sixth and seventh graders sick. Luckily, none of the students had to go to the hospital.

Officials believe a gas-powered pump that's used to remove water from the school's basement is the source of the leak.

The school does not have carbon monoxide detectors.

Most Watched Videos