LIVE VIDEO: 10 News Weekend    Watch

Ask Todd: Graupel

11:10 PM, Feb 15, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Hannah asks: "Todd, I'm watching your weather cast on Friday evening, February 15th. You mentioned the possibility of flurries and graupel. What exactly does this term mean? Thank you!"

Thanks for your question Hannah.

Graupel is precipitation. Here's the exact definition from the Weather Channel: "Graupel is a form of frozen precipitation consisting of snowflakes or ice crystals and supercooled water droplets frozen together."

They're similar to snow pellets.

Most Watched Videos