Fire that killed Morristown baby was accidental

3:07 PM, Feb 26, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

The fire that killed a Morristown baby has been ruled an accident.

The apartment fire happened on February 3.  Officials say the mother and baby were asleep when the fire started.  They were rescued by firefighters.

Morristown Fire Chief Bill Honeycutt said Tuesday that the fire likely started in a faulty space heater cord.  He said there were combustible items very close to the space heater, which also contributed to the fire.

The Citizen Tribune identified the child as 10-month-old Briana Hidrogo.

Most Watched Videos