Salad in a (Mason) Jar
Chicken and Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
Strawberry poppyseed dressing
Cooked chicken, diced
Mandarin orange slices, drained
Green onions, sliced
Chef Salad in a Jar
Lite Ranch Dressing
Hard Boiled Egg
Tips and Tricks:
1) Use a glass mason jar (pint or quart).
2) Layer your salad in the following order:
Salad dressing at the bottom
Hearty foods such as veggies, & beans
Lighter foods such as nuts, fruit, & seeds
Mixed greens, spinach, and/or lettuce
3) Pack the jar tight. Lettuce should not touch the dressing.
4) Do not include croutons- they will become soggy.
5) Close jar tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
6) When you're ready to eat, place salad on a plate and enjoy!
Presentation by: Cheryl Hill with Knox County Health Dept.
Date Aired: 04/18/13