2 boiled Potatoes
1 small finely chopped Onion (optional)
Coriander leaves finely chopped
Small piece of Ginger (very finely chopped or grated)
1 or 2 green Chilies (finely chopped)
Salt, Red Chili powder and Garam masala as per taste
Preparation of Alu Paratha :
1. For the cover make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta), as you would do for any parantha/roti.
2. Mash the potatoes.
3. Add all the stuffing items to mashed potatoes and mix it properly.
4. Make two medium size chapati, add the filling to the one chapati and cover it with the second one. Now roll it slightly.
5. Heat a skillet. A cast iron one works best. The skillet should be hot enough to make a drop of water sizzle and dry off right away. Place a rolled parantha on the hot skillet. After a few seconds, you will see the bread puff in different places and the side touching the skillet will have light brown spots. When this happens, flip the parantha over.
6. Drizzle about 1-2 teaspoons of oil/ghee on the parantha and some on the skillet; you will see the bread puff up right away. Lower the heat a bit and press down on the parantha at different place with the spatula. Cook and flip if needed, till the bread is golden brown on both sides and has brown spots.
7. Spread butter over it. Serve aloo paratha hot with yogurt and / or pickle. Enjoy !Presented by:
Taj Fine Indian DiningDate Aired:
September 04, 2012
Taj Fine Indian Dining