• 1 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
• 3 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
• 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
• 1 tablespoon butter
• Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
What you will need:
• small mason jar (we used 3 1/4-inches wide and 2 5/8-inches tall)
• 5-inch circular pastry cutter
• 3-inch circular pastry cutter
• small heart-shaped cutter (available at any craft store)
• pie crust pastry, chilled (homemade or store-bought)
1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice. Add the peaches and blueberries; toss gently.
2. Roll out pastry dough. Using larger circular crust cutter, cut 5-inch circle out of pie pastry. Carefully place crust into glass jar. Use fingers to press dough against inner wall of jar. Spoon pie filling of choice into dough-lined glass jar.
3. On new sheet of pastry, use 3-inch circular pastry cutter to cut out top crust (use cutter with crimped edges for added decorative detail). Use heart shaped cutter to punch air hole in top crust circle.
4. Place top crust on top of filled jar. Use fingers or fork to tightly pinch edges of top crust to bottom crust.
5. Bake pie for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
• Editor's Note: Frozen fruit may be used if it is thawed and well drained.