Update 10:55 a.m.
Heritage High School students were evacuated as a precautionary measure Friday morning while firefighters removed a computer that was smoking from a classroom.
Sprinklers were not activated and there was no other damage other than the defunct computer.
Students returned to their classrooms safely.
It is not known why the computer malfunctioned.
The Blount County Sheriff's office issued an alert Friday morning stating Heritage High School Students were safe following a small electrical fire.
Students evacuated to the school's stadium.
At the time of this posting, the BCSO said the fire department was on scene and had it under control.