4 Local Eggs (We use Spring Creek Farm)
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Organic Flour
1/2 teasp Kosher Salt
1 1/2 teasp Baking Powder
1 teasp Vanilla
2 lbs. Local Strawberries, Capped & Mashed, reserve a few for cake top, stir in
2 Tablespoons Sugar to mashed berries and let sit while cake bakes.
1 pint Whole Cream, Whipped and Sweetened with
1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
1) Butter & Flour two 9" cake pans, preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Cream together Eggs & Sugar
3) In a separate bowl, sift together Flour, Salt & Baking Powder.
4) Mix dry ingredients into sugar mixture & add vanilla. Mix just until incorporated.
(Do not overmix.)
5) Pour batter into prepared pans.
6) Bake at 350 deg. for 20 minutes, or until light brown.
7) Let cakes cool completely, gently remove from pans. With a long, sharp knife, gen-tly slice cakes in half , ending with four large circles. Place one layer on platter, cut side up, spoon strawberries and juice evenly over the cake, top with a thin layer of whipped cream. Repeat with another cake layer on top of that one, until all four lay-ers are complete. After final layer of whipped cream, finish the top by
arranging reserved berries.
8) Serve immediately or refrigerate. Best when prepared the day before serving.
Presented by: The Tootsie Truck on Mornings with Fox 43
Air Date: May 6, 2013