All of the wet weather is giving some homeowners a headache, in some cases literally, thanks to mold.
The past two weekends of heavy rain increases the likelihood of mold in your home.
Mold Doctors USA sees an increase in calls when wet weather comes our way.
"The framing and material in your home is a like a sponge, starving for moisture, so as water enters the house it's absorbed by all the building materials," said Jeremy Akers of Mold Doctor's USA.
Akers said when the temperature warms and the humidity increases, it's perfect conditions for mold to grow. Now is the time to check for water in your crawl space and basements.
"Forty to 50 percent of the air in the crawl space is going to make its way up to the living space," he said.
If you don't get it taken care of, you could get sick.
"Sneezing, itchy eyes, coughing, wheezing, bronchitis. It can go to the extremes very quickly if it's acute or chronic exposure," he said.
The key to stopping those symptoms is getting the moisture out of your home as soon as possible. Check out the Environment Protection Agency's website for more information.
"24 to 48 hours mold can begin to grow you don't always see it but it can start to grow if the conditions are right," he said.
Mold Doctors USA says some types of mold are always present in your home.