Makes 4 servings
Prep and cook:1 Hour
• 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (about 8 oz. each), rinsed, dried, and pounded to an even thickness of 1/4 to 1/2 inch
• 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper & 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 can (14 oz.) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
• 2 tablespoons dry sherry
• 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel -2 teaspoons lemon juice -1/2 cup whipping cream
• 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. In a 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add chicken in batches and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a 9- by 13-inch baking dish and add artichoke hearts.
2. Add sherry, lemon peel, and lemon juice to remaining butter in frying pan; stir over medium heat until well blended and hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cream and stir. Remove from heat and pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Bake until sauce is bubbling and golden brown on top, 20 to 25 minutes.
Presented by: Austin East HS Culinary Arts Class