LIVE VIDEO: 10 News Daybreak    Watch
 

Benton's smoke house catches fire

10:53 PM, May 28, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

The smoke house at Benton's Smoky Mountain Country Hams on Highway 411 caught fire Tuesday evening.

The owner, Allan Benton, says he went inside the building as firefighters were putting the fire out, and was able to save all the meat inside with the help of friends and co-workers.

Benton says the fire shouldn't hurt production or distribution.

The company was already putting an addition to its building.

According to the Vonore fire chief, the damage to the building is estimated at $10,000.

Most Watched Videos