Chef Mark McKinney, with UT Medical Center, demonstrates how to make Grilled Chicken in Tomato Marsala Sauce.
Yields 4 servings
- 4 each Chicken, Breast, Boneless, Skinless, 4 oz, Raw
- 1/2 cup Low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tsp Oil, Olive
- 1/2 cup Onions, Yellow, Fresh, Diced, Fine
- 1 ounce Bacon, minced
- 8 ounce Mushrooms, Fresh, Sliced
- 1/3 cup Wine, Cooking, Marsala
- 1 12 oz. Can Tomatoes, Diced in Juice, No Added Salt, Canned, Including Liquids
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree, Canned
- 1 tsp Oregano, Fresh, Chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp Garlic Cloves, Peeled, Fresh, Minced
- 2 ounce Cheese, Romano, Pecorino, Grated
Season the chicken breast and grill on medium heat. Once the chicken begins to color, remove to a baking sheet in a 350F oven until internal temperature reaches 165F. Sauté' bacon and render fat, reserve. Add the oil to the pan or skillet and sauté the onions, garlic, bacon and mushroom over a medium heat for 2 minutes. Then add the wine and reduce by half. Add the tomatoes, puree, herbs and chicken stock. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Portion 1 chicken breast with sauce in serving dish. Garnish with Romano cheese. Hold warm for service.