LIVE VIDEO: 10 News Weekend    Watch
 

Guest information for Monday's show

10:17 AM, Jun 11, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Bonnaroo 2013

June 13-16
Manchester, Tennessee
www.bonnaroo.com

Great Smoky Mountains Heritage Center Sunset Music Series:

Admission to each concert is $5.00 and may be purchased at the door. Admission is free to all "Sunset Music Series" concerts for members of the Great Smoky Mountain Heritage Center.

All concerts begin at 7:00 PM and last approximately two hours. Food and non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase on-site. No food, drink, or coolers may be brought into the concert.


June 14 - Early Morning String Dusters - Classic bluegrass
(On June 14, author Lin Stepp will be also be at the museum store 5-7 PM to autograph her books including the newest - Second Hand Rose - set in Wears Valley.)
June 21 - EG Kight - "The Georgia Songbird" - Blues, Americana, jazz
June 28 - Jerry Butler & The Blu-J's - Classic country, bluegrass & gospel
July 12 - Sons of Bluegrass - Bluegrass
July 19 - Randall Bramblett - Americana, singer/songwriter
July 26 - Dando-Dondo featuring Nancy Brennan Strange - Old time jazz & stringband music
August 9 - George Harper Band - Country, bluegrass, & roots music
August 30 - Steve Kaufman ~ Three-Time National Flat-Picking Champion

For further information, call the Center at 865-448-0044.

Elvira's Cafe

4143 Wears Valley Road, Wears Valley 
865-366-2263
Follow on Twitter @elviracafe1 or Facebook

Pink Ribbon Survivor Night at Smokies Stadium


Saturday, June 15, 2013, 6:00 PM

Join The Smokies take on the Mississippi Braves June 15, 2013 and show your support for breast cancer survivors!

Phone: (865) 286-2300
Click here for more information or visit www.komenknoxville.org

Rain barrel and compost bin sale

Presented by: The Water Quality Forum, Knox County, City of Knoxville and the Town of Farragut
When: Saturday, June 15
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: Chilhowee Park's Kerr Building Parking Lot
3301 East Magnolia Avenue

The rain barrels and compost bins are available online at www.RainBarrelProgram.org/Water-Quality-Forum <http://www.RainBarrelProgram.org/Water-Quality-Forum>.

Residents can pre-order online until June 11 and then pick up their rain barrels and compost bins on June 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Chilhowee Park's Kerr Building Parking Lot, 3301 East Magnolia Avenue. There will also be a limited number of extras available the day of the sale. 


iCan Bike Program

More than 90 iCan Bike programs in 32 States and 2 Provinces in Canada serve nearly 2,500 individuals with disabilities.

The program has a lot of success helping individuals with disabilities accomplish riding a bicycle.

The week begins with spotters running along children on modified bicycles and then progresses to childen riding independently on typical bicycles.

Approximately 80% of the individuals who participate in iCan Bike programs ride a two-wheel bicycle independently by the end of the five-day programs. The remaining 20% of these individuals make tremendous progress towards this goal and leave the programs accompanied by parents and/or siblings trained as 'spotters' to pick up where the program leaves off.

http://icanshine.org/

Helen Ross McNabb

Janet Jenkins is with the Helen Ross McNabb Center. For more information call (865) 637-9711 or visit www.mcnabbcenter.org

Janet Jenkins' recipe for tear-free bubbles

2/3 cup water
1/3 cup baby wash 
2 tsp. sugar or corn syrup
Combine ingredients and shake well to mix

 

Most Watched Videos