Items indicated with an asterisk (*) available for purchase through avantisavoia.com
• 3-4 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, juiced, and chopped
• 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
• 1 small purple onion, chopped
• 3-4 ounces Feta cheese, drained and crumbled
• 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn or cut into slivers
• 1 tablespoon honey *
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano *
• ¼ cup Giuseppe Giusti Gold Medal Balsamic Vinegar*
• 1/2 cup Colonna Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
• Salish Smoked Salt* and freshly ground pepper* to taste
• One 16 ounce package Garofalo Radiatore Pasta *
Bring 1.5 gallons of water to a rolling boil, add 2 ounces of Sea Salt, and return to a boil. Lower heat and cook the pasta until "al dente". Drain (do not rinse) and toss with just a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
1. Prepare and combine all ingredients except pasta and allow it to sit covered at room temperature while you cook the pasta.
2. Place pasta in large serving bowl and top with sauce or divide pasta into 6 to 8 servings, arrange onto plates and top with Pasta Fresca sauce. Serve before pasta cools.
Presented by: Chef Jospeh Lowery from Avanti Savoia
Air Date: June 17, 2013