1 large bunch of organic kale
1 large organic bell pepper
1 organic purple onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 - 3 tbsp of fresh diced ginger root
1 - tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
1 tsp of sesame seeds
1/4 cup of organic BBQ sauce (or to taste)
1. Warm coconut oil on medium low heat in a non-stick pan. Add onions, ginger, and bell peppers.
2. Saute veggies until just brown and add garlic. Once all veggies are carmalized, bring heat to low and let rest.
3. While veggies are sauteing, bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil a large pot with a steamer basket.
4. Rinse the kale to remove any dirt or debris and place in steamer basket once the water has come to a complete boil.
5. Steam the kale till its bright green in color. This should only take about 3 minutes.
6. Remove the kale and place it on a cutting board. Chop kale, including steams, roughly into edible pieces and place in a large serving bowl.
7. Add sauteed veggies and BBQ sauce. Toss, serve warm and enjoy!
Presented by: Brianna Lamberson on Mornings with Fox 43