(WBIR-Walland, Kingston) Blackberry Farm and Whitestone Country Inn have been selected as one of 15 hotels in the new "Southern Living" Hotel Collection.
"Southern Living" picked a small group of independent, four and five-star level hotels, resorts and inns across 18 Southern states, which offer the best in authentic Southern hospitality, for its new hotel collection. Blackberry Farm and Whitestone Country Inn were among three hotels selected in Tennessee. The other hotel in the state was The Hermitage Hotel in Nashville.
In a release, "Southern Living" said hotels were selected based on the same factors editors use to determine what to cover in their magazine. The magazine said each hotel in the collection provides "a memorable experience through impeccable service, outstanding cuisine, high-quality facilities, and the finest amenities." The hotel collection will launch with 15 hotels, but "Southern Living" expects to add up to 100 locations across the South.
The collection's new website, www.SouthernLivingHotelCollection.com will launch July 1 and will feature all the hotels in collection. On the site, people can sort hotels by the spas, family-friendly environments, and other criteria, plus make reservations directly from the website.
The "Southern Living" Hotel Collection includes:
- Barnsley Gardens Resort (Adairsville, GA)
- Big Cedar Lodge (Ridgedale, MO)
- Blackberry Farm (Walland, TN)
- The Greystone Inn (Lake Toxaway, NC)
- The Grove Park Inn (Asheville, NC)
- The Hermitage Hotel (Nashville, TN)
- The Inn at Palmetto Bluff (Bluffton, SC)
- The Inn at Serenbe (Chattahoochee Hills, GA)
- John Rutledge House Inn (Charleston, SC)
- Monmouth Historic Inn (Natchez, MS)
- Pursell Farms (Sylacauga, AL)
- Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club (Durham, NC)
- Wentworth Mansion (Charleston, SC)
- Whitestone Country Inn (Kingston, TN)
- Windsor Court Hotel (New Orleans, LA)