East Knox Co. fire sends one person to the hospital

8:34 PM, Jul 4, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

One person went to the hospital Thursday for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out an East Knox County house.

The fire started around 2:45 on Asheville Highway. Both Rural Metro and the Knoxville Fire Department responded to the scene.

They say a few people were home at the time, but they made it out safely. One person did suffer from smoke inhalation. The rest were okay.

Firefighters say the fire started in the attic. They do not believe the cause is suspicious.

Crews on the scene say the house is not a total loss, but the family will likely not be able to stay there for some time.

Most Watched Videos