(WBIR-Alcoa) Update-- 6:21 a.m.
Blount Memorial Hospital officials said they started individually releasing patients early Saturday morning.
Josh West, Public Relations Manager at Blount Memorial Hospital, said 18 people were treated after a chemical incident at the Texas Roadhouse in Alcoa.
(WBIR - Alcoa) Update-- 10:50 p.m.
Alcoa Deputy Fire Chief Tom Daffron says 17 people have been taken to the hospital after a chemical incident at the Alcoa Texas Roadhouse.
He says an employee accidentally improperly mixed chemicals including bleach, which created a chemical gas.
The patients mainly had skin, eye and lung irritation. Daffron says the people were all conscious when they were taken to the hospital.
He says crews are working inside the restaurant to ventilate the building, monitor the air and remove the chemical smell.
Daffron says the restaurant should be able to reopen for business on Saturday.
Update-- 10:25 p.m.
Blount Memorial hospital confirms they are treating five people after a hazardous materials incident at the Texas Roadhouse in Alcoa.
Rural Metro also says they have sent four ambulances from Knox County to the restaurant.
Dispatchers tell 10News the building has been evacuated.
They cannot confirm the nature of the situation.
Previous story-- 10:05 p.m.
Blount Co. dispatch confirms at least two people are receiving treatment after a hazmat situation at Texas Roadhouse in Alcoa.
We have a crew on the way and will have the latest details as they become available here and on Channel 10.