• 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 1 ¼ cup yellow or white boxed cake mix
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 8 oz (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• ½ cup light brown sugar
• 1 egg, room temperature
• 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• ½ cup sprinkles
1. Sift together flour, cake mix, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Mix in the egg and vanilla until creamy.
2. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles.
3. Cover and refrigerate dough at least 1 hour, or overnight. Chilling the dough is required in order to avoid the cookie from spreading too much.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Scoop rounded tablespoons of the cold dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Shape your cookie dough balls - taller than wider. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are slightly browned. The centers will appear very soft, but the cookies will when cool.
6. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Presented by: Bettina McCann from The Sweetery
Air Date: August 12, 2013