Avocado Salad Dressing
½ large, ripe avocado
Juice of ½ lemon
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt, black pepper
1. Spoon the ripe avocado into a bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado well.
2. Add the lemon juice, and a little salt and pepper. Pour the olive oil in a thin stream, whisking as you go, until the dressing is creamy. Taste to make sure the salt and pepper ratio is working.
3. Toss into salad, vegetables, pasta or rice.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
2 ripe avocados
¼ cup light coconut milk
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2 Tbsp honey
2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
Splash of vanilla extract
1. Spoon the ripe avocado into the food processor or blender and blend until creamy.
2. Add remaining ingredients, blending until smooth (1-2 min). Scrape down sides as needed.
3. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed. Serve topped with fresh berries.
Presented by: Angie Tillman from Blount Memorial
Air Date: August 23, 2013