- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tbs white corn syrup
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine brown sugar, softened butter and corn syrup. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Place French bread slices on top of the brown sugar mixture. Beat eggs with milk and vanilla. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until it's light golden brown. If it isn't brown enough, run briefly under the broiler.
4. The dish creates its own syrup while baking and also freezes well. thaw completely prior to baking.
(© 2017 WBIR)