4-5 boiled/ peeled mashed potatoes
2 green chillies
2 cloves of Garlic
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp cilantro
Salt to taste
6-7 slices of brown bread with edges trimmed Bread crumbs Oil for shallow frying
1. Mix together green chilies, garlic, ginger, cilantro and blend to make a paste.
2. Add paste to potatoes with salt and lime juice. Mix well 3. Wet bread slices in water. Squeeze excess water.
4. Add a spoonful of potato mixture in the center of the bread slice and gently roll with fingers to make a bread roll. Seal edges with water if needed.
5. Roll each roll in bread crumbs to cover completely. Set aside on dry paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
6. Shallow fry in oil or bake in oven until golden brown.
Presented by: Smita Borole
7. Serve warm with green/tamarind chutney.