It's that time of year when you'll start to receive Christmas cards from all your "organized & responsible" friends who don't procrastinate. And it's also the time of year when you'll likely be fresh off of photo session with your family. Thus, it's a great time to find some creative ways to display photos or cards in your home. If you're like me, there's nothing better than to be able to see & touch them. Here are a few ideas.
If you're going for a more DIY look, try one of the following:
1. Print & Hang Them from a Fallen Branch. Let's face it, here's a DIY project that anyone can tackle & gives a great "Bohemian" look to your photos. I'd recommend having your photos printed on a slightly thicker paper stock to help keep them sturdy. And if you wanted to make it more festive, use Christmas lights to hang the pics from.
2. Or Make a Geometric Pattern. This one takes a bit more forethought. However, sketch out a design, put some nails in the wall, run twine from nail to nail & you've got a neat look. Use clips to clip the photos to the string.
If you're looking for a dressier look:
3. Consider a grid. I'm a huge fan of the classic matted photo in a black, white or silver frame. Go for a look that is timeless & symmetrical. To add a bit of nostalgia, opt for Black & White photos.
4. Use Metal Wires. This is beautiful & you can matte your photos & not have to put them behind glass. That way when you're tired of that photo you can easily change it out.
For Holiday Cards:
5. Garland. Use garland & cover your door frame. This is customarily what we do at the Finch house. I love this look.
6. A Vintage Tobacco Basket. You can find these online in places such as Etsy or eBay. If you're into a more vintage/farm look, this may be the way to go. Plus, you can keep this up year round