A total of 167 more Knox County tnAchieves mentors are needed for the class of 2017 TN Promise students, according to the program’s executive director.
Krissy DeAlejandro, the executive director for tnAchieves, said Knox County has recruited 450 of 617 tnAchieves mentors for the class of 2017.
The deadline to apply to become a mentor for the class of 2017 is Nov. 20, 2016.
· Be 21 years or older
· Meet the Nov. 20, 2016, deadline
· Be subject to a background check
· Complete mandatory mentor training by Feb. 15, 2017
· Attend the mandatory high school team meeting in March or April
· Attend the mandatory college team meeting in the fall
TnAchieves is a partnering organization to the TN Promise Scholarship in 85 of the 95 counties in Tennessee.
(© 2016 WBIR)