Fire crews worked for more than two hours late Thursday on a fire that broke out in a commercial building on Chapman Highway in Seymour.
The fire was first reported in the 13300 block of Chapman about 9:40 p.m.
A print-sign shop was fully engulfed when the Seymour Volunteer Fire Department arrived, and flames spread to a nearby storage unit, according to officials.
Seymour Volunteer sought mutual aid from Blount County authorities as well as Rural/Metro.
Truckloads of water were brought in to fight the fire. The closest hydrant was several miles away.
Firefighters expected to stay on the scene throughout the night.
No injuries were reported. The building's owner had a pet that was inside when the fire broke out, according to fire officials.
The owner was present when the fire was reported, according to Seymour Fire officials
© 2017 WBIR.COM