The food drive is from 6 to 8 p.m. at Balter Beerworks, 100 S. Broadway. People who bring five food items to donate will receive a $5 Balter gift card.
Connecting Hearts is an extension of the existing Mobile Meals program for seniors, and pairs local volunteers with at-risk seniors to offer weekly companionship and grocery delivery. As part of the program, the qualified seniors receive a weekly bag of groceries along with a one-hour visit from a group of volunteers at least once a week.
SIGN UP: Volunteer application
Connecting Hearts is a partnership between WBIR, Mobile Meals and Second Harvest Food Bank.
Preferred items to bring:
- Canned fruits / vegetables / beans (pop top)
- Dried fruit (prunes, raisins, raisins, etc.)
- Individual fruit cups (packed in juice)
- Peanut butter
- Crackers (Ritz, Wheat Thins, Saltines, etc.
- Macaroni and cheese (individual serving cups)
- Canned soups (regular or low sodium, individual
- serving cups or pop top)
- Tuna or chicken (pouch style or pop top)
- Cereal (whole grain)
- Instant oatmeal / Grits / Cream of Wheat (individual
- Granola bars or breakfast bars (prepackaged)
- Nuts / Trail Mix
- Vegetable / Juice boxes or plastic bottles (non
- Milk boxes (individual or powdered, non refrigerated)
- Boost, Ensure, or Carnation Instant Breakfast (in plastic
- bottles or powdered)
© 2017 WBIR.COM