2 sticks or 16 TBSP cold grated butter
1 ½ cups half and half
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 TBSP Baking Powder
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP half and half
Cane sugar for dusting
2 cups whipping cream
¼ cup powder sugar
1 vanilla bean split and beans removed
1 quart strawberries stems removed and quartered
½ cup sugar
For the Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
3. In an electric mixer combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. Gradually add in grated butter and mix until butter is incorporated into the dry mixture but not melted.
5. Add half and half
6. Turn dough out onto floured surface.
7. With a rolling pin, roll dough out until ½ - ¾ “ thick
8. Cut short cakes out with a 1 1/2” round biscuit cutter
9. Brush each shortcake with half and half and sprinkle with cane sugar
Place on parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until golden on tops.
For the Whipped Cream:
1. Combine whipping cream and powder sugar in an electric mixer with vanilla bean and whisk until cream is formed.
1. In a bowl combine cut strawberries and sugar and mix. Assemble in individual jars placing shortcake in the bottom, then add strawberries followed by a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
Presented by: Knox Provisions
© 2017 WBIR.COM