Kingsport man electrocuted at McMinn Co. farm

(WBIR) A Kingsport man was electrocuted while unloading grain into a silo at a McMinn County farm Wednesday morning.

Bill Dougherty, 63, was trying to blow feed grain from his tanker truck into a feed silo when the truck's boom touched some power lines, according to McMinn County Sheriff Joe Guy. The end of the truck quickly burst into flames, and people nearby weren't able to save him.

The incident happened at a farm on Country Road 609 at about 8:45 a.m.

Dougherty worked for Koch foods.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment