(WBIR) Rural Metro firefighters rescued several animals from a burning apartment complex in north Knox County early Saturday morning.
Crews pulled two dogs, a cat, and a ferret trapped in a second-floor apartment off Colt Drive.
Rural Metro Captain Scott Roberts said the fire started in a first-floor apartment at about 1:30 a.m. and extended into two other apartments.
Before firefighters arrived, deputies were able to get everyone out safely. No on was hurt in the incident, but the damage displaced three families. The American Red Cross is helping the families find places to stay.
Right now, officials said they don't know what sparked the blaze.